|Year : 2015 | Volume
| Issue : 2 | Page : 334-335
|Date of Web Publication||21-Nov-2015|
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None
|How to cite this article:|
. IAOMR News. J Indian Acad Oral Med Radiol 2015;27:334-5
| First Executive Committee Meeting of EC-2015|| |
The first Executive Committee (EC) meeting of EC-2015 was held on 25 th of January 2015 at the Board Room of Government Dental College, Chennai at 11:00 AM. The meeting began with the collaring of the President Dr. Jayachandran S. by the Hon. General Secretary (HGS), Dr. Shiva Prasad S. The President welcomed the members and called the meeting to order. The HGS read out the minutes of the previous EC meeting held at Mangalore and the action taken, which were passed after a proposal by Dr. Prashant Shenoy which was seconded by Dr. Gopakumar. The following forthcoming events of 2015 were then discussed:
The President requested the EC to propose certain guidelines to hold the CDE programs and conferences. After prolonged discussions, Dr. Gopa Kumar and Dr. Prashant Shenoy were asked to formulate the guidelines for the same and submit the same before the next EC meeting. The Extraordinary General Body Meeting was tentatively decided to be held on 15 th March 2015 at Bengaluru. The meeting was then adjourned for lunch.
- National IAOMR CDE program at Bhubaneshwar in June 2015 organized by Dr. Sangamesh (1 day).
- National Triple "O" Symposium at Bangalore- Dr. Rakesh sent a message to HO mentioning that the event would be held at M.S. Ramaiah Dental College from 13 th to 15 th March, 2015.
- National PG convention 2015- After a prolonged discussion, EC unanimously decided that both the National PG convention and the Oral Cancer Conference should be conducted in Chennai in 2015 separately.
- National Conference 2015- Dr. Ravi Kiran, Organizing Chairman, read out the activities about the venue (Ramoji Film City). He said there would be four international speakers and more than 100 delegates have enrolled so far.
[TAG:2]XIII National Triple "O" Symposium 2015[/TAG:2]
The XIII National Triple "O" Symposium was conducted in Bengaluru from the 13 th to 15 th of March 2015 at M. S. Ramaiah Dental College.
13 th March
A total of eight preconference workshops were conducted at different venues by various experts in the respective fields. The preconference workshops were conducted from 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM and were attended by a total of 150 delegates. The workshops included:
14 th March
- Hands-on workshop on immunohistochemistry by Dr. Vijaya Mysorekar;
- Hands-on workshop on CBCT by Dr. Hema and Dr. Chandramani More;
- Lights in dentistry- Diagnostics and therapeutics (Lasers) by Dr. Padmashree, Dr. Ashwini, and Dr. Bhavya;
- Radiotherapy and chemotherapy by Dr. Janaki M. G., Dr. Arul Ponni, Dr. Kirthi Koushik A.S., Dr. Ram Charith Alva, Dr. Vinayak Maka, and Dr. Mohan Kumar;
- Hands-on workshop on tobacco cessation by Dr. Sujatha S. and Dr. Prabat;
- Basics in PCR (hands-on)- Understanding DNA extraction by Dr. Venkatesh Krishna Murthy and Dr. Deepti;
- Mimics in oral surgery by Dr. Kavitha Prasad and Dr. Sejal; and
- Hands-on workshop on digital pathology by Dr. Spoorthi.
The conference started with a keynote lecture by Dr. Nagmani Narayana on the topic, "Oral precancer and cancer - A diagnostic conundrum," from 10:00 AM to 11:15 AM. It was followed by the lecture of Prof. Dr. Cheong Sok Ching on the topic, "In vitro and in vivo cancer study models." The inaugural function was held at 12:30 PM and the dais was graced by the Chief Guest, Dr. Shankpal (Vice Chancellor, M.S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences), Guest of Honor, Dr. Nagesh K.S. (past Director of Department of Public Health), Dr. Jayachandran S. (President, IAOMR), Dr. Shiva Prasad S. (Hon. General Secretary, IAOMR), Dr. Sunil M.K. (Treasurer, IAOMR), Dr. Sanjeev Nair (President, AOMSI), Dr. Sreenivas Murthy (Dean, Faculty of Dental Sciences), Dr. Sujatha S. (Organizing Chairperson), Dr. Asha Iyengar (Organizing Co-Chairperson), Dr. Yahsodha Devi (Organizing Treasurer), and Dr. Rakesh N. (Organizing Secretary).
The afternoon session started at 2:30 PM with a lecture by Dr. Sudhir V. Nair from Tata Memorial Hospital on the topic, "Recent advances in management of oral cancer." The free paper presentations started at 3:30 PM. The scientific deliberations concluded for the day with the final lecture and slide discussion by Dr. Ranganathan K. from 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM. The banquet was arranged at the Sai Leela Resort at Doddaballpur Main Road at 7:00 PM.
15 th March
On the second day, the paper presentations started at 9:00 AM for the first session and at 11:00 AM for the second session. Meanwhile, poster presentations of the shortlisted posters were conducted from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM. The valedictory function started at 2:00 PM after lunch and was attended by Dr. Jayachndran S., Dr. Shiva Prasad S., Dr. Sunil M.K., Dr. Sujatha S., Dr. Yahsodha Devi, Dr. Rakesh N., and Dr. Lalitha R.M.
| Article Access Statistics|
| Viewed||336 |
| Printed||5 |
| Emailed||0 |
| PDF Downloaded||104 |
| Comments ||[Add] |